Part 2 of my morning routine
To get up at 4.44am you need a strong why. If you haven’t already read my blog post “Why I get up at 4.44am – night owl to early bird” here.
So now that you know my why, here are the nuts and bolts of how I get up and what I do before my family wakes up.
- My vibrate alarm on my bracelet fitness tracker wakes me up at 4.44am. I tried my phone alarm and an alarm clock but they used to wake the kids so, vibrate alarm it is!
- There are three closed doors between me and the kids’ bedrooms to reduce the chance of me waking them.
- It’s too early to put my contact lenses in so I put my glasses on.
- It’s dark outside when I walk so a headlight is required! I started with just using my phone light then borrowed Mr Farmer’s head torch.
- I listen to podcasts or audiobooks while I walk.
- When I get home, I turn the coffee machine on and make myself a decaf coffee.
- I then write five things I’m grateful for over the last 24 hours.
- I also write down 10 big audacious dreams for the future (learn about the process here).
- I plan out my day in my Leanne Baker Daily planner.
- Then I grow by learning something through a podcast or book.
- I then have a shower and get myself ready for my day before the kids wake up. By this time I have myself ready for the day.
- My kids’ Groclock alarms go off at 7.07am (another quirky number).
- I make their lunches while they sit at the island bench eating breakfast.
- The kids dress themselves and complete a list of tasks which are on the fridge.
- I tidy the kitchen and if I have time I will do a 15 minute clean of a room in the house (I will explain this process in a future blog post).
- We leave the house sometime between 7.55-8.10am depending on whether the kids are on the school bus or I drive them in.
- I get to work between 8.30-8.45am.
I don’t set my alarm on the weekends but my body clock will normally wake me up between 5-7am.
What is Your Morning Routine?
- What does your morning routine look like?
- Are you happy with how your mornings run?
- What time does it start?
- What could you stop doing, start doing or tweak?
Take some time tomorrow to “Stop, Focus and Notice” how you could make your morning run smoothly.
Give yourself the best of you, not what’s left of you!
If you are a visual person, visit my 4.44am wake up Instagram highlight to see how I transitioned to getting up earlier and earlier and 4.44am farm to city highlight for a pictorial breakdown of the process.